Imperfects is looking for a highly-motivated Brand Marketer with proven creative chops and a portfolio that demonstrates a wealth of social media savants, small business growth experience and an excellent eye for style and design. Experience fostering community growth and engagement, as well as creating best in class brand experiences for social, web and email is required.
If you love building and influencing the direction of brands, fostering real and authentic community growth, as well as communicating through design and collaborating with brilliant creatives in a fast-paced environment, this might be just the role for you.
To be considered, please send your resume, cover letter, and link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment type: Freelance, Contract, potentially leading to Full Time
Location: On site in San Diego, California is preferred. Open to discussing remote work, if the candidate fit is exceptional.
Up to the task? Here’s a taste of the responsibilities:
- Life cycle support (from ideation to execution) of creative and marketing campaigns, including creation and management of moodboards and production schedules for shoots
- Work cross-functionally with the Imperfects leadership, Marketing and Operations teams to tell the story behind new products, collaborations, and events
- Develop a social content and posting cadence. Managing & incubating all social channels: Create, manage and execute social media content calendar and posting velocity to develop Imperfects global community across varying social platforms
- Communicate design vision both internally and to clients, in visual and written form
- Create mood boards to achieve visual alignment on internal campaigns and external partnerships
- Manage docs like our Marketing Calendar + Design Asset Tracker
- Tracking and holding collaborators accountable for ongoing content marketing needs, like LFE (Little Friday Emailer), content submissions, artist skate deck collabs, etc.
- Bridge the gap between design and marketing execution: Help with migration of designed email templates from Omnisend to Klayvio, weekly build out of marketing comms inside Klayvio based on design assets, tracking and assisting with pre-loading the Branded Email pipeline (reminders etc.)
- Collaborate to develop clear, concise, on-brand written copy for our website, marketing materials, creative campaigns, email blasts, social media, and any other requests from our Founder and/or Marketing Strategists
- Act as the enforcer of deadlines on both ends of our projects and work to resolve any missed dates
- Stay inspired and hungry by constantly updating your style library and digital vernacular
This job might be for you if:
- You are an empathetic, caring, and emotionally intelligent human being with a collaborative mindset
- Have a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent technical professional experience, and a minimum of 3-5 years proven work experience as a Brand Marketer, Social Media Manager, Strategist, Creative Lead or similar role for digital products or services, retail strategy or global fashion.
- Have a portfolio that displays work from 2-3+ years working as a Brand Marketer, Social Media Manager, Strategist, Creative Lead or similar role
- Have proficient graphic design experience in a creative or branding agency and the ability to leverage these skills to show you are a strong, conceptual thinker
- Have Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Have expert-level creative and writing skills
- Are looking for a small, but supportive working environment
- Enjoy communicating through and participating in design workflows and within design tools
- Are proficient in paid social advertising across the Meta suite, Tik Tok, YT and Google
- Have a solid understanding of Influencer Marketing and UGC
- Have great reporting abilities and presentation skills
Imperfects responsibly crafts goods for The Human Experience ™ , and began as a mantra our founder, Mike Lynch, called upon for the daily courage to continue expressing himself as an artist.
After repeatedly reminding himself that creation comes from imperfection and that the differences among us make the actual difference, for Mike Imperfects became an apt label under which he began producing surf and skate craft and designing American made apparel.
Today, Imperfects is a growing concept producing unique surf, skate, and apparel from our office in San Diego, CA. We are a diverse group of humans who have made it our mission to help others realize, your strengths are your imperfections and they make you unique and one of a kind.